We offer a wide range of SCUBA certification packages. No diving certification or Scuba Diving School in San Diego offers you a more comprehensive dive certification program for recreational Scuba Diving.
I. Group Instruction (3 or more persons per class)
Basic Group Scuba Certification Class
Basic Scuba Certification: $ 495.00 includes scuba equipment; books, wetsuit, dive tables, dive log,
Certification with National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI).
Registration: Students register and pay tuition two weeks prior to the class start date, read the text and complete the workbook exercise by the first night of lecture. A group is three to four students. Tuition includes materials, SCUBA diving equipment, and two weeks of group training in the classroom and ocean as follows:
Two Week Group Training includes:
Materials: Textbook, workbook, dive log book, dive tables, training cds, student registration and certification card from the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI).
1. Diving Equipment included: Wetsuit, tanks, weights, air, regulator, and buoyancy compensator.
2. Six evening lectures, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
3. Four hours the first weekend Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. in shallow water for scuba skill development and 1 dive.
3. Four Scuba dives the second weekend. Saturday and Sunday 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Two dives on Saturday at La Jolla Shores and two dives on Sunday at La Jolla Cove. All dives are conducted off the shore. Missed lectures and dives can be made up for an additional $140 per dive before the next session.
Student must provide:
Mask, snorkel, fins, boots, gloves, and cold water hood ($295.00 plus tax), notebook, 10 key calculator, swimsuit, water resistant watch (up to 10 atmospheres) and towel.
Physician’s Fitness Evaluation
A diving physical examination by a physician is recommended with your doctor’s written approval prior to participating in diving activities. You must have a body mass index of 30 or lower to enter this program.
Student Swimming Ability
All diving training agencies in the United States state in their standards and procedures that a candidate for Basic Scuba Certification must demonstrate the ability to swim. You must complete this evaluation successfully.
The student swimming evaluation consists of:
1. 50-ft lateral swim underwater, one breath only
2. 220-yard swim in less than twelve minutes
3. 50-yard wrist tow of another swimmer without swim aides.
4. 10-minute thread water
5. Retrieval a five pound object from twelve feet of depth.
Certification is not guaranteed. Students must successfully complete the written test with an overall score of 75% or higher on demonstrate all skills in the water satisfactorily.